Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2022, 04:16 PM   #74
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
the outside of your carbs looks like new...well done but it's the inside that counts with your wire probe try to poke down each hole as far as it will go
the problem is the passage way bends and you can't go around the corner , that is where sprey carb cleaner comes in at ... but the sprey carb cleaner doesn't do much at all... you just as well be using wd-40 ! at least that's my experience... spray into the hole and get a good flow out all the places it is supposed to exit ( usually 3 or 4 places ) the problem is one of those places will be restricted and the flow will either not be there or be greatly reduced
so you have to get that circuit clean without breaking off a wire in the passage way... if you do the carb is toast ! .... i straightened out a small spring and used it, it flexed around the corner well enough to get a large chunk of crap out of the left carb ....so I THOUGHT i had got the offending junk out... alas it wasn't ALL of it.......
Bob.......
Yup, see deposits on bottom of float-bowls?

That's also inside internal passages and jets as well, clogging them up. Here's secret hidden passages in carb-body that needs to be scrubbed out with brushes and PEA-based fuel-system cleaner.

https://n4mwd.blogspot.com/2013/10/s...-passages.html

That's why ultrasonic soak and micro soda-blasting is needed. Modern carb-cleaner sprays can't dissolve dried petrol deposits any more due to removal of chlorinated compounds. Mechanical agitation, scrubbing and blasting is required.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote