Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2022, 10:58 AM   #88
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Brass Balls ? that's a new one to me !.... are you referring to the drawing on the photo ? those represent tiny atomization holes in the throat of the carburetor
you'll notice another one where the air screw goes .
the choke is turned off by a plunger that comes down covering the hole where the drawing says to choke ! it just shuts off the vacuum to that circuit and no more fuel flows when the plunger is down, when the plunger is up and off the hole vacuum can suck the fuel from the entire line...
so that line that is drawn ,exits at the plunger hole of the choke the center hole
that's the one your looking for !
the one that the little tip of the plunger goes into... that is where the choke fuel
comes out and then is sucked through the side hole into the engine.
if that circuit is blocked the choke won't work it will make no change to the fuel level ratio in the air going into the engine it won't enrichen it !
.... so simply the choke won't do a dam thing.
make sure that short passage way under the pilot jet is clear ...that's the one that has got me 3 times so far..... i think it is a hole in the side of the pilot jet housing going slightly at an angle. not positive on that yet...
Bob...