Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2022, 04:32 PM   #93
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

Name: Marshall

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 and 2006 Triumph America

@Bob KellyIII it'a crazy how many times you think you have something cleaned only to realize after you've put it back together and you're 20 miles down the road and its still not right lol. Thats been my life story lately. luckily a couple of months back the bike was running on both cylinders and not just one!

I THINK well I'm 99% sure now that all the passages are completely clean from debris even the 90º bend. I finally decided to just go ahead and 100% break them down again. I went and got the gumout cleaner you recommended and it worked way better. I wasn't able to get rid of all of the yellowing from the float bowls BUT I was able to get everything sooooo much cleaner than before and air is flowing through everything with ease. I know where the circuits are and how to test them now that Ive seen those pictures! That pictures were exactly what I needed.

So I went ahead and put all new vacuum caps on the 4 ports and ran a tiny brush and q-tip into every single opening. I even took the chokes out and cleaned those and the seats that they mate with. I'm fairly certain theyre done now. I guess I just need to get the jetting right. I have the pod filters and 108 jets in there now. that might be high I'm not sure.

Clean and with new caps! super clean emulsion tubes they were kinda dirty on the inside but the gumout cleaned them

Now I just need to remember how they go back together.

I took them apart because I gas tested them earlier and gas started pouring out of the bottom and I could'nt figure out where from so I assumed it was the Home Depot o-rings on the balancing pipe for the float bowls. they were hard so I had to spend $40 at autozone buying 3 different packs of gas safe o-rings to get doubles....

Now comes assembly
marshallsmith27 is offline   Reply With Quote