Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2022, 07:21 PM   #104
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

Name: Marshall

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 and 2006 Triumph America

Okay so I decided to go out there and put the NOCO jump start on there and it does start but it doesn't idle right. if you let it idle for a while it would just start to lose RPM and die but it doesnt do that anymore. thats awesome. but it kinda gets stuck at 3000 rpm and doesnt leave there no matter what I do. that sounds like a lean spot to me because I should have 0 vacuum leaks since I have replaced everything by now with new parts. it revs fine but it always revved fine. so while I have time until tomorrow to think. That doesnt sound like jetting to me. that sounds more like what it was before. it also makes a popping sound I think coming from the carbs. I cant tell if its back firing or not but its running a lot better than before thats for sure but still not good yet

Or could A/F help with that? I am currently at stock pilot (might need to get a 40) and 108 mains with no shims. I have some 2mm shims.

maybe a 2mm shim will help with idle? sounds possible. or maybe adjusting A/F. I mean at 108 I dont see backing the A/F out more doing much since 108 is already rich from what I have read with these bikes

edit: I was just thinking the popping might be the carbs out of sync. since I tore them apart theyre not in sync anymore
marshallsmith27 is offline   Reply With Quote