View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2022, 06:38 PM   #19
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL that is extreme ! but I do understand that.... that took alot of work to accomplish that ! far more than I am willing to do ! the chain going to the rear wheel is right on his seat ! LOL
Today I cut down the side stand... and now know why the bike weighs so much
would you believe the side stand is solid steel ? milled out of a solid hunk of steel and it's not soft steel either its so hard I had to use the bandsaw to cut the 3/4" chunk out ! the recopicating saw just wasn't cutting it even with a good blade ! .... I Chamfered it, and welded it all the way around and ground off the weld so it looked nice and then painted it.... ... soon as the paint is dry I'll put it back on there !
I got a cycle cover coming from Amazon I just bought a tarp to cover it with but that darn tarp is too short so it didn't work very well... so I gave up and bought a proper cover for it !
I had all the attentions of going for a ride today but I never did....getting all the riding gear on is such a pain any more... LOL and it would have been a chilly ride no matter what I did so, i fixed the side stand instead ! LOL....
getting that side stand spring back on might be a battle ! I think I will try to put it on the way I took it off... pull the bolt and then pull the pivot portion out and then it just falls off... if I can stretch it enough that has got to be the best way of putting it on... LOL.... I'll probably use every vice grips on the property and every long screwdriver too boot ! LOL

Makes me wonder what other things on that bike are solid steel ! HEHEHEH
that side stand has to weigh 2 lbs at least the main shaft on the ninja's sidestand is just a pipe, but not on this RX4.... it's like the Triumphs ! SOLID steel !
Bob.......