View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2018, 07:57 PM   #181
Abu_Mishary
The Asian Caucasian

Name: Abu Mishary Mohd Fairus

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250 SE 2015 (sold); Honda ADV160 (current)

MOTM - Jan '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesse View Post
I didn't get fired yet ... I'm constantly worried about that though. My boss told me that he passed over two more qualified techs because I was the only one who wrote thank you letters for my interviews and because, basically, the company could potentially make a lot of money off me since I'm a blank slate to train how they want (that's not how he phrased it).

Just trying to stfu and do the best I can and not make any mistakes or chat too much (already did both...)

Thank you all for your well wishes.. this hasn't been an easy path and I am not on solid footing but it's progress. Cheers
skills could be taught and learnt. But seldom would you see basic courtesy being showed by a candidate that we interviewed. Personally, I would be in the same decision with your boss. Any candidate that could converse well, conduct themselves appropriately and even answering appropriately is an eye catcher to me on the first impression. Skills, second. I would always start my conversation by greeting candidate "How do you do?" and see how they would respond to my greeting.

Courtesy is a long lifetime learning proces, which sometimes even we failed to show it.