View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2012, 10:03 PM   #10
mariorivera830
MoVal's only ninjette :(

Name: Mario

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r SE Black with a dash of yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
You will get hit with wind if you move out from behind the windscreen, sort of necessary to check your blind spot. I just received mine from motorcycle superstore, their price was OK.

Installation

When you receive your windscreen going to want to grab an allen wrench, possibly one of those multi ones so finding the right size is easier. Then you have 4 bolts you need to remove from the windscreen. Place the allen wrench in the bolts sockets and twist counter clockwise. Continue twisting until the bolt is removed, then repeat this process for the other 3 bolts. Be sure to keep your bolts in a safe place, there is a safety switch connected to the windscreen bolts that will prevent the bike from running if they are not reinstalled.

Then remove the windscreen and replace it with the new one. Take one of your bolts and put it back in place over it's original bolt hole. Place the allen wrench into the bolts socket and twist clockwise. Continue twisting until the bolt is touching the plastic and becomes more resilient to twists. Tighten one more full turn at this point. Then repeat this with your other 3 bolts.

If done correctly, your bike will now look kinda stupid with this giant windscreen but it will make the ride more enjoyable
Really? I'm not trying to impress anyone, but..... how has your experience been with a double bubble? Is there any difference from the stock windscreen? I plan on keeping this bike for a long time and if I have to have a big ass windscreen to enjoy my ride, then I guess it's a necessary evil, but if a double bubble will do the trick when only partially tucked it may have to do.
Is there a preferred brand among my fellow ninjetters for windscreens? Since this is the top suggestion.
mariorivera830 is offline   Reply With Quote