View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2017, 07:11 AM   #1
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
How Many Ex-Ninjettes Miss Their Little Bike?

So I sold my Ninjette back in December and bought a Harley Sportster. I really am enjoying the Sportster. It's a more relaxed ride and I've set it up more for touring with a wide comfortable seat, windshield and highway pegs. I've put almost 3,000 miles on it since late December, we've had a pretty warm winter here.

My son's unit deployed about a month ago for a three month exercise. Before he left he brought over his Ninjette. Signed the title and told me to sell it for him while he was gone, and he would buy a bigger bike when he came back.

I figured I'd get a better price for the bike if I waited until the weather was warmer, so I parked it in the garage.

Yesterday I was working on the Sportster and had the garage clean enough to drag his Ninjette out. I figured it needed to be run once in a while. So I fired it up and went for a little ride.

I'd already forgotten what a blast these little bikes are to ride. So light an nimble. And the surprising thing was after riding a bike with almost 4 times this displacement it really didn't feel under powered. Just had the remember to keep the RPMS up.

So how many of you ex Ninjettes miss your old bike?
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote