View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #35
Tinto
Java Junkie

Name: Tinto

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R and 2012 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by coondog View Post
(I) Found it odd no mention of vibration was made, especialyy with even longer arms.
I went ahead and purchased a pair of the Slik's mirrors and have one major complaint about them...they vibrate a lot. I installed them without removing the original base and added a couple of washers that came supplied with the set. Everything has been tightened securely but when the mirrors are extended out about half way there is too much road vibration to my liking.

I was looking forward to using these mirrors but the vibration is very annoying (as well as a safety concern) and I'm wondering if others who have purchased them have this same problem and/or how it was solved.

The mirrors solve the problem of one's shoulder blocking a large portion of the rear view on the OEM mirrors but with this vibration problem I would have probably purchased the 650R mirrors instead or do they also have a vibration problem?

I haven't contacted the company yet about this but hopefully someone who has them will comment whether they have this same problem or if not, what sort of install they did that eliminates or reduces it. I think the source of the problem is in the small diameter and gauge of the stem and how it is attached near the mount; a small threaded screw with four teeth at a pivot point that need to be set into the aluminum mating surface.

I really want to like these mirrors but have been disappointed with them because of this problem.
Tinto is offline   Reply With Quote