Old July 19th, 2014, 06:58 AM   #5
garth285
KAWASAKI GURU

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): Turbo Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by micoulisninja View Post
excited about your project Shawn !!
300 TBs are an excellent choice for feeding the 250 (32mm instead of ecotron's and 250's oem 28mm)

just one thing arouses my curiosity....I know for sure that those con rods are the weak spot of this engine, so question is: are you going to stick to the "low budget" side of your project and keep those fragile rods and if yes how do you plan for them to withstand an amount of boost capable of 75rwhp, which is the goal you have set yourself OR use some carillo etc rods to ensure that there will be a better reliability factor and possibly long-life success of your project??

I can't tell how good engineers are in Indonesia but all efforts at turbocharged 55+rwhp didn't last more than a few dyno runs or the break in-A/F ratio tuning stage... so now they stick somewhat around 45 but with almost double the stock engine's torque...

anyway, I really wish you every success !! I'm looking forward to more info and photos of your progress...
Yeah we'll the rods are defiantly one of the weak points in any engine. RacerX says each rod can hold I think it was 60hp or something but ya never know! I will find out... most likely the hard way but like I said before, an engine is only 300 bucks so a quick easy cheap fix lol.

Carrillo rods cost $400 each... 800 just in rods... if they hold say 60-70hp stock I'll just keep buying junk yard motors at $300.

The big key is is that I will be able to dial back the timing since using the ninja 300 EFI and Flash tuning the ECU, I also will be running E85 fuel and I am trying to get a head stud kit together as well.
garth285 is offline   Reply With Quote