View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2011, 09:29 PM   #13
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
So my parents kicked me out because they are tired of me riding my ZX6R, with two accidents that injured me. But I refuse to give up riding since I must have sportbikes til I die. The latest accident left me 1,500 dollars worth of damage that I take it for granted. (frame slider did its job!)
Sounds your parents are genuinely concerned for their son's safety and with given cause. The ride till I die attitude probably gives dad more reason to lock up the bike and throw away the key. Sure, frame sliders are great... for protecting the bike but the parents are obviously not concerned about that. A bike surviving a crash with minimal damage gives little solace if your parents are getting calls to come to the hospital.

Perhaps a little time away from the bike may not be a bad idea and best for both parties here. There's more to life than just motorcycles and there will be plenty of more opportunities to keep riding if you play it right. I'd hate to hear that something like this is what causes a son to become estranged from his parents. It's obviously already reached a point where they have had to resort to extreme measures. Best of luck OP and be safe.