Thread: Bicycles!
View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2010, 01:12 AM   #44
petiteninja
ninjette.org member

Name: LMG

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja EX250J

Steel is real! I'm a sucker for anything with two wheels...

This is my blue Scattante that I purchased from Performance Bikes about four years ago, it has Shimano 105 transmission! This is the only bike I have that has more than one gear. The others are fixed 47/18. The red one I've named "Plan B", my trusty second steed, it's a track bike from Italy and I removed the stickers once I got it for insurance - I live in Manhattan. Columbus tubing, beautifully lugged and twitchy enough for that quick getaway...

In the foreground is my most valuable possession, an official Keirin track bike - Samson, I blacked out the stickers for insurance. The rear hub is custom made for this bike and both wheels threaded by a friend of mine who builds frames. Rear is 32 spokes, front is 28. The crankset is period specific Sugino 144 bcd five pointed star...and I run only 1/8" chain on my track bikes. When your transmission is responsible for stopping and going you've got to have a strong chain (notice the handbrakes? yes those we're at the request of my husband). If my apartment was on fire I would grab this bike, my pool cue and then evacuate while carrying my son with my other arm. Behind it is a red DeBernardi that I sold to a friend of mine who wanted a training bike for his weekly commutes, also Columbus tubing sportin' a Miche Gruppo. I don't miss it, the paint chipped too easily - I did keep the Miche seatpost for my Samson. Behind that is a 1973 Trek, Columbus tubing and lugged. I believe it was built by the same guy who built up the Schwinn Paramount's back in the day. Trek was a mom and pop gig at one point, hand building frames in the USA - believe it or not! Lastly, I donated the gunmetal grey Bianchi track frame to the Kissena velodrome in hopes that they could get smaller female riders to enjoy the sport. I believe this was the last year that Bianchi used Columbus tubing, they're now using Reynolds...correct me if I'm wrong???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scattante - Plan B 2.jpg (238.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Samson DeBernardi Trek Bianchi 2.jpg (278.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Front 2.jpg (237.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Samson bottom bracket 2.jpg (78.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Samson head badge 2.jpg (108.6 KB, 7 views)
petiteninja is offline   Reply With Quote