Thread: Bicycles!
View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2010, 09:17 PM   #52
petiteninja
ninjette.org member

Name: LMG

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja EX250J

downtube shifters, aaah. it's rumored that TdF competitors used to 'bump' their shifters with the inside of their knees when on a climb...sounds extra convenient. i certainly have a place in my heart for them. some single speed fanatics actually hook their brakes up to them (but the shifters are right above the headset), kinda sleek but tricky for sure. there's something nice about being able to control the exact position of your front derailer, i hate that clicking sound you get when the derailer and chain rub. i've always had my eyes peeled for vintage univegas and bridgestones, unfortunately smaller sizes are totally rare. i love my pedal cages, i need to dismount one foot to kick cab doors far too often to be locked up while the crank is constantly rotating. also, i love shoes too much. i admit, i'm a bit of a fashionista.

thanks for starting the thread, i can go on forever. I've been thinking about a DeRosa or Pinarello. is your Merckx carbon fiber/Ti? do you prefer campy or shimano? i have a thing for italian design but love the precision of the japanese.
petiteninja is offline   Reply With Quote