View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2010, 01:53 AM   #24
miks
I'm lovin' it.

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): '09 Black 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post
If restoration is $300 then fix it. Specially if the lights to do the street fighter rig will run you up half that. I thought your bike was more damaged for some reason.

If you keep it like it is, you gotta hack some of that super long tail off and it will look awesome. Then move the plate mount and lights. But prepare to eat rear tire debris. (get a rear hugger)

That gas mask mod actually does look pretty cool on that guys bike. Wonder how it'd look on the 'jette.

I made a full fairing bottom for my pocket bike once to match the upper fairings. First I cut the shape out of cardboard and taped it all up to hold the contour of the fairing that I Wanted while putting it on the bike. Once I basically had a cardboard fairing that was perfectly shaped and holding itself, I covered it with fiberglass and epoxy resin and used it as a mold to make my own lower fairing. It came out awesome after sanding it smooth and painting! Hell of a chore though and messy to make.

I think I saw a video of some British dude who has a tiny lower fairing from a ninja 125 or something like that on his streetfighter'd 'jette250. The video is posted on this site somewhere. I think it's exactly what you are looking for.

Would the Koso gauges work for your instruments?

I would think street fighter bikes have a lower value than the original unless it was never crashed to begin with and the owner had all the original parts he/she removed to do the street fighter mods.

I gotta agree, if its relatively cheap to repair back to normal go for it.

BUT, if you are going to do a Streetfighter go all out and do it properly, would look like a BEAST!

Father: You can't do both son.
miks is offline   Reply With Quote