View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2018, 04:52 PM   #9
Nextbesthing
ninjette.org member

Name: Jake

Motorcycle(s): 95 ninja 250, 08 KLR 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosozoku View Post
I thought the petcock rebuild kits were more expensive - good to know. Took the petcock apart today and cleaned up the rubber washer that seals off the fuel. And also cleaned the metal on the mating surface -- looks like it should be more apt to seal now. Diaphragm seemed in decent shape. We tried a "Raptor 660" petcock that was supposed to be a non-vacuum replacement but valve was way too close to the tank so gave up on that petcock.

Checked the enricher on the other carb and looked fine -- no tarnish on the brass post, and rubber diaphragm looked fine.

Checked the airbox and - boy oh boy - what a disaster! After 20+ years, the oiled foam was totally disintegrating, really nasty. Hoping we could be onto something, potentially was blocking air flow. Didn't look like the foam bits made it into the carb fortunately. Ordered up a new air filter so will give that a try next, now that we know the enricher looks fine.
I just bought a 9 dollar china replacement petcock for shits and gigs. I'll let you know when it comes how she works.
Nextbesthing is offline   Reply With Quote