View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2018, 06:00 PM   #1
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Motorcycle style

I know back in the day, I had a list of "bikes you'd never see me on".

I was huge into the old school Ninja 250, 500, 750, 900, and even the KLR series bikes. This was back in the mid 90's.

The weird thing is all of these bikes are still on my list. But I have noticed some changes.

The do-not-ride list has changed. I think my current do-not-ride list has extended into modern Supersport bikes. I'm sad to say this. I guess as I've gotten older, I've realized that outright performance isn't everything. That possibly sacrificing performance for more of a real world bike is very important.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a solid classic bike. For instance a BMW K100, or a Suzuki GS750, or something even older than those. Maybe even a new Triumph Scrambler or Bonnie.

I also thing a full out touring rig is not on my list (ie: Honda Goldwing) simply because of the cost required to acquire one.

I have a long list of loves.
- Triumph Scrambler
- Triumph Bonneville
- Kawi Z900RS
- Kawi Versys 1000
- Kawi Vulcan 900 Classic
Just to name a few
Also have to mention the Yamaha XSR 900 and 700, AND the SCR950. Dang those are good looking.

What about everyone else?

I guess I'm asking because I'm also thinking about getting back into motorcycling. It is in my blood, and I was rather stupid to walk away from it. Currently I'm thinking a cruiser because of the wind protection and 2-up ease of the bike. Plus I don't mind that exhaust note either. But I'm not turning away from a Z900RS or XSR 900 or something like those, because I could easily pop a fairing on it (or windshield) and it would be very similar riding to my old '97 GS500. I loved that bike. I had a huge windscreen on it too and the wind barely touched me. It was heaven during the cold season. Still wish I didn't sell it.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote