View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2022, 12:37 AM   #1
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Amazon's oil filter for the ninja 250R

Well I bought a FRAM filter off Amazon .com and waited for it to arrive in 3 days
....which isn't bad for Amazon in shipping time....
but when it arrived I was puzzled to find it was not a FRAM filter but a 401 filter from China.... it has AHL stamped on the box and says Motorcycle on it....
so it looks like some one is advertising through Amazon that they sell Fram filters but are substituting a chinese filter instead ... so be aware of that!
it was rather cheap like $6.50 or something like that but came with both "o"rings .... I'll use it as i don't think the oil filter has been changed in the bike sense it was made .... (it's only got about 5,000 miles on the bike...)
I drained the oil because it was over full ...I suspected gas contamination
but looking at the oil I see no signs of contamination of any kind... so that is good.
I also found a cheap petcock got the 2012 ninja at $12.00 so I bought it
and it arrived at the same time (today) it looks like it'a a perfect fit and it does have a lever on it so you can turn the petcock valve ...something my old one didn't have and that was a pain!.....the lever position 's are PRI RES and ON........ and I see no OFF position at all.... WTF !?!?!?
anyway it is a vacuum operated petcock and I'll put it on there and see how well it does !
later !
Bob.....