View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:09 AM   #8
Hadyn
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): '06 Yellow 250r

That's awful. I don't hate fluffy critters or anything, but no animal is worth the life of a human. Yes, if you don't swerve or stop for that squirrel or duckling or rabbit or woodchuck or raccoon or skunk or cat it will die, but endangering other people to try to save an animal is ridiculous. Unless it's big enough to cause serious damage to your vehicle or cause a hazard if it's squished on the road, run it over.

The other day I rode past a lady and her friend who had pulled their car to the side of the road and walked out into rush hour traffic on a major highway. One was chasing a fawn across the road with a blanket while the other stood in the middle of the highway with her hands up, trying to stop traffic. I have no problems with them being stupid and caring about an animal more than their own safety, but when you stop traffic on a busy highway, you take the lives of EVERYONE else on that road into your hands. The speed limit is 55, but people regularly do 70+, including dump trucks and tractor trailers. That's a recipe for a pileup if I've ever seen one.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hadyn is offline   Reply With Quote