View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2018, 04:58 PM   #169
Cafe Racer
ninjette.org member

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): Harley Fatboy, Honda CX500, Harley XL1200C Sportster, 305 Honda Dream, Ninja 250

Hey cho say what you mean not assuming we know what you meant to say.

Sounds to me you are used to dealing with "buy here pay here" car lots. Save your money and pay cash. I have even taken $15,000.00 dollars in cash to a car dealer in Austin Texas back in 1987. He about crapped when he took my offer to the boss, and I said aren't you forgetting something. He looked at his paperwork, and said "no I think have everything right here". I said you forgot the cash as I opened the briefcase.
Both he and his boss got the message it was a serious offer.
They took it after trying to get more. When they saw me close the briefcase the boss broke and took the money. It was a car for my wife. The process was almost more than she could bare. She got a hot rod Chevy, and I saved a bunch of money.

Being a sales guy I needed a new "company car" every two or three years.

One time as a sales manager I want to a large auto dealership to buy five company cars for a salesforce expansion. I negioated a killer deal on one car. Then I told the manager I needed four more and I needed them delivered to several locations for the same price. Got what I wanted. I saved the company a boat load of money and we did not have to waste time flying folks in to pick up cars.

I have bought a lot of cars. Maybe I should write a book.
Always keep this in mind most car salesman want and need to make the sale. The dealership wants the sale, because of hold backs, advertising and floor costs. Inventory turn over is everything.
Prepare for the job of buying a car. Do your homework. Deal in cash or have your lender pre-approve you for an amount.

Th dealer may have some great financing. Hear hat they have to say. You hold the hammer because you know what your monthly payment will be before you ever get in front of a salesperson.

Oh don't bother with the test ride before you make the deal. You can always stop the process and take the test ride. Boy that will really throw them off.

The invoice price has some good information, but it does not show what the dealer gets back for the manufacture. Start low well under invoice, and work your way up, but always be prepared to walk. The sales persons job is to get you to make an emotional decision now. Turn that on the dealership. Make the dealership get emotional about loosing a sale. They know a lot can happen tomorrow.

One final though we are all sales people, making friends, dating, sports, the office, difference is some know what they are doing and some do not.
Cafe Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.