View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2016, 07:16 AM   #1
SpotTheDogg
ninjette.org member

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2009 BMW F800GS, 2010 BMW G450X, 1989 Hawk GT, 1974 CB360, 1990 VTR250

2000 ZZR250-GP Race bike

Hello folks, I do not currently own a Ninja250 but I am heavily involved in building a ZZR with my friend Paul, we have dubbed it -GP because we used bodywork from TYGA designed to fit a Suzuki RGV250

Paul is a British ex-pat who lives in Cape Breton, he raced in England before moving to Canada. He raced with me the past two seasons on a 2008 Ninja250, that's him behind me in 2015 (he's not often behind me)

Anyway he wanted a project this winter and we have been talking about ZZR250's a fair bit (mostly because of the aluminum frame and higher power rating) so he decided to sell the Ninja to another friend and look for a good candidate. In late November I found it, a 2000 with only 12,000Kms on the clock. This one was a little road rashed and the price was right at $1350 I went and got it for him as he is another six hours drive from me and eight from the bike. Once it was in my yard I had it stripped within two days preparing to sell all unwanted street parts. The only real mod I did while I had it in the driveway was to cut about five pounds off the front fender

Paul is a good fabricator and has some helpful tools in his shop.

Enough chatting, here's some pics

The front wheel is a 17x3.0" from a GS500 since the stock wheel is a 17x2.15", this was as easy as turning two axle spacers.

I had these rearsets that didn't fit anything so he made some adapter plates

Custom race subframe

Undertail

Beginnings of the subframe with the Akrapovic knockoff mufflers, the headers are stock and the up-pipes are made from an old dinged up 4-1 header

Now the bodywork is finally all mounted, the last piece will be to mold a carbon fiber tank guard to cover the indent for the stock banana seat.

SpotTheDogg is offline   Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.