View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #17
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhyen View Post
You don't think people/couples are self policing themselves? There are many people out there who would like to have a child, but because of their financial stiuations, are unable to.

I think people are smart enough to police themselves. We don't need the government telling us that we can or can't afford children. As for those who aren't. They must live with the decisions they create.
No, I don't think people are smart enough to self police. When a 16 year old boy wants to bang anything with a hole and the girl lets him stick it in her, their collective IQ wouldn't add up to be higher than my dog's IQ. This isn't just about married couples, but anyone that can breed. My wife and I have been married for 9 years and we're just now talking about having a kid because it's only now feasible. There are people who practice self restraint, but the ratio to those that don't? It's a very small number. The youngest girl to get pregnant that I can recall was 12 years old. Tell me where you think these kids of the mental capacity to consider the ramifications of having sex at that age? I know that education from the parents and schools should prevent this, but it seems that people in this society are far more blase about teenage pregnancy than in years past. A lot of the hunger problems this nation faces is from these kids having kids and then not being able to support themselves (my own opinion btw). It's a vicious cycle that no one seems to care about anymore.
CThunder-blue is offline   Reply With Quote