View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2016, 04:37 PM   #1
Cra1g
ninjette.org member

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 ABS, 2007 Yamaha FZ6

Planning a streetfighter build; making a list of parts

So I'm planning to convert to a streetfighter and just need a few main things. I've looked at the Ninja250 wiki and a lot of links are either dead or don't lead to a specific product.

So basically I just mainly need a headlight, front turn signals, taillight, rear turn signals, and a new instrument cluster. I'll likely get the Trailtech Vapor with the idiot light add-on as far as the instrument cluster is concerned--they seem pretty tried and true from what I've read. Although they're more expensive than I'd like--might just do a bicycle computer, but I'd hate not having the oil pressure light and other vital indicators.

As far as lights go, can anyone suggest a 6"-7" round headlight? Preferably one that comes with turn signals already mounted to the sides and comes with mounting hardware overall. And the same for a taillight/turn signal combo? Also, depending on the lights I get, how difficult are they to wire up to the existing wiring? Are there any that are plug-and-play?

Last question. Most of the streetfighters I've seen have kept a portion of the side fairing on to protect the fusebox. Is this a must?

Thanks for your help!
Cra1g is offline   Reply With Quote