View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2016, 06:30 PM   #3
Cra1g
ninjette.org member

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 ABS, 2007 Yamaha FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
I'm assuming this is a pre-gen 250. I just did something similar to mine earlier this year, although I like to think of it as a "standard" rather than a streetfighter. I made a bracket for front turn signals that bolts across the lower triple tree triangle, and the signals are small Cateye LED type. I used a standard 7" round Emgo headlight bucket, and Emgo black cast aluminum ears that are really nice. They come with adapters for 35mm fork tubes, so I had to machine them a little for the 36mm tubes.

I mounted the same type turn signals on the rear frame tabs that originally mounted the rear of the peg mounts/handles that I cut the handles off of, and added LEDs inside the unused left and right sections of the tail light as additional brake lights. I remounted the stock tail light close to the rear handle on a bracket that's also the tag bracket.

For now, I mounted the stock instruments close to the handlebars, but if I have any trouble with them I'm going to go to this Danmoto combination unit that has all the functions of the original Ninja dash:
https://www.dan-moto.com/DM_US/danmo...5d7990ca0273a8

I don't care for the look of no rear plastic and exposed frame tubes, so I trimmed mine and painted things to sort of imitate the side panels of "standard" motorcycles from past decades.
Good looking bike! Personally, I love the look of the exposed frame--makes it look like a "rat bike" of sorts, which is kinda what I'm going for.

Ok, so I was able to find a headlight with mounts and two sets of turn signals. Now just need a taillight. I want to stay away from LED just so I don't have to change anything with the wiring. Hopefully I can find something that's close to plug-in-play..
Cra1g is offline   Reply With Quote