View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2023, 10:06 PM   #5
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I have GEICO for my bikes and car.... I spend about $350.00 a year on it and just have what is needed to be legal in CA. making that MANDANTORY to have insurance is an outright atrocity ! to the citizens ! I have never put in an insurance claim in my entire life
Yet I have to spend $350.00 a year on insurance !
GEICO did Not like the vin number on my RX4 however but they finally gave me insurance on it... then the DMV told me they were going to cancle the regristation because of no insurance.... ( they didn't report it.) this happened both years I owned the bike ! I guess their computer didn't like the Chinese VIN numbers I don't know...
but I've not had such a problem with the Honda,Triumph, Kawasaki, OR the TT250 which is also a chinese bike.... hard to figure out but that is a problem GEICO needs to figure out.... because I was almost to the point of cancling all the bikes and going to someone else....
in my view Insurance is a sham... they find ways of not paying and if you read the fine print on any policy you will see hundreads of ways that they do not have to pay... and there is always a ambiguous clause.... like act of god in there somewhere....
.... However I do wish I had had fire insurance at the Ranch 20 years ago... but unlike home owners insurance fire insurance is a separate policy ...at least it was for Farmers
insurance.... so even if I had had Home owners insurance they would not have paid for the loss of the ranch house.... that takes a separate policy ! and would have been 2 times the yearly cost.... still I wish I had had it as I lost everything because of a wild fire....( that started when I wasn't home!)
Bike insurance IS needed because you will get hurt if you crash or a car hits you
I walked away from my one auto crash.... but the bike was toast....
some people are insurance Poor.... they have everything insured... I am the exact opposite the only things I have insured is what I HAVE TO ! simply because I know they do the odds.... to figure out how much to charge you.... it is not a loosing proposition on their part..... getting a bond is far better for YOU but you never hear that discussed.
and bonds are Not cheap either so all in all your screwed from the get go.... dammed if you do and dammed if you don't......
.... which is better is like asking which thief steels the least..... <GRIN>
go with a personal bond if you can afford it... they are even still legal in California and you don't have to make monthly payments to it..... unlike an insurance company.
Bob.....