View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2023, 03:08 PM   #31
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
I've mentioned numerous times I Shinkos are awesome. Built on previous Yokohama plants.

I'm on 5th set of Shinko radials on my CBR600RR and they've all worked great. Used them on both my pre-gen and new-gen 250s. Even on track they've been amazing. Better than original factory tyres.

As for following groves on road, make sure they're NOT overinflated.

Pressure recommendation is corporate CYA lawyer-speak for max-load capacity of tyre when bike is at max GVWR (with passenger) running at top-speed of tyre rating (Z=150mph, W=168mph). Unless you carry passengers and ride at tyre's top-speed constantly, then that pressure is not relevant to your actual riding conditions.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Better to use suggested pressures from tyre-manufacturers themselves. Find similar model to yours and add 10% pressure over max-grip pressure below for street-riding. Best to use max-grip pressure for best braking & cornering performance rather than max-load rating. Which results in poor grip and bad tyre life.

DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote