View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2010, 09:40 AM   #7
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

The cost to send them back and the hassle to wait for a replacement isn't really worth it. Remember, these are not hand machined, but CNC'ed parts. That means they would need to go back and fix the coordinates in the computer and then make and ship another set. I don't know the history of Cycle Control or A&L, but I'd rather not chance having to wait weeks on end for a part I could have just made work myself.

The amount of material I removed isn't going to affect the part in terms of structure or load. I've been modifying cars for 10 years now and every once in a while, you come across something that needs to be tweaked. It's really not that big of a deal. I just wanted to let people know so that they can make a decision on whether to buy them or not and if they already did, to know what to expect if they run into this same problem.

Personally, I think not running the taps all the way thru is just as bad. If the avg joe doesn't have a tap set with that 8mm x 1.25 tap, he would have to spend a lot more money to have a part that allows for better fitment. If I didn't have the tap set, I might have ended up returning the part.

Jason, I can take good pics when I get home today. I only have my iphone 3gs with me and the pix it takes aren't all that great.
CThunder-blue is offline   Reply With Quote