View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #9
caineroad
ninjette.org member

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by IF13 View Post
Our situations do indeed vary. I go on occasional trips to Queens so from my rides there, albeit at night, a 250 is perfectly befitting while my 250 only does an okay job accommodating my commute. On the other hand, gas is extremely cheap but I always wondered what kind of gas savings I'm experiencing if my bike is always at 11K.

You do have a point. Getting a 20 year old motorcycle as a commuter is definitely a risk in itself. The last thing I'd like is to be stranded on the side of the i495 which'd only remind me of what my driving instructor once said, it stands for i-die. Lol

You mentioned speed limit strictness but is that only because you're in an urban area or because it's just set very low compared to over here? And thanks for the conversion -- I feel like the standard 88.5KPH was already a tad slow.

Oh and that R6. Mhm. One day. That or a GSXR (only because it feels more compact and suited for my shot height)

Our max speed limit across all highways (freeways in the US) are 100KPH (60miles per hour), as you see I am riding over the limit by 15-17mph already @ 75-77mph. I've been to the US, and in some areas the speed limit are 70 or 75mph. Having more cc on those roads is definitely better.
caineroad is offline   Reply With Quote