View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2018, 11:04 PM   #6
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
You want to restore carbs to all-stock factory-clean condition as it left factory. Meaning all factory jet sizes and settings along with clean fuel circuits. It ran fine when it left factory, so will run fine when everything’s restored to factory-fresh conditions.

Also note difference between pregen and newgen engines, and therefore carb settings as well. And note lack of before and after dyno-charts with AFR on any of jetting suggestions.

I will tell you that racers are pragmatic cheating bunch. Any mod that gives them an advantage, legal or not, but they will exploit. They’ve done endless tuning and dyno testing to eek out any improvement possible. I can tell you for fact that not single newgen racer in my area I past 5-yrs have used factory or larger than factory jetting. They all use 96 mains as that fixes factory rich high-end and gives most power. In fact, that’s very first mod our sponsor Spears Racing does, is put smaller 96 mains in.

Anyone finding improvements with larger mains has not sufficiently cleaned their carbs with ultrasonic cleaning using industrial solvents, flossing of all tiny holes and passageway with copper wire or guitar string, and soda blasting. Without all that, your carbs are not factory-fresh clean and bigger jets just masks the symptoms, but only temporarily.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote