View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2011, 10:28 PM   #155
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
well i saw this thread so i figure i should update my response. the 2 bikes have been dropped a total of 3 times. 1st time on the ninja i was a big noob and target fixed on a large rock in the middle of the road, hit it and drifted off. no damage to me, lucky it didn't go down but it needed a new front wheel, body work, exhaust, and a few other bits. second drop wasn't nearly as much damage to the bike but more to me. was making a left in a double turn, woman in front on the left got cut off so she decided to swerve into me. tried to brake but locked both wheels. even if i didn't lock there was no avoiding it with a big wall to the right. she hit the front wheel and head and it dropped to the right and spun away... was doing about 20-25mph. full gear, leather up top but still got rashed underneath all along my right side. new front fender, signals, right bar and lever, and a repaired right rear peg. she ran and i didn't get her plate. third drop was while i was working on the fizzer... set it down on the kickstand which i didn't know was broken at the time, started to get off and the kickstand went forward and it dropped on my right leg... almost kept it up but it was just too top heavy... almost no damage outside of a scraped up (BRAND NEW, just replaced, DAMNIT!) stator cover. left me with nice bruises along my leg and a few small scrapes. i'm sure there will be more, best you can do is prepare for it and take every precaution you can.