View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #5
7oxSin
MSF Coach!

Name: Lupe

Motorcycle(s): 2003 ninja 250

the best way to learn is to take off all your plastics, and then try it out. i tought myself how becuase alot of the riders around here would be like "you cant even wheelie" so i finnaly said **** it and learned. do yuo have a pre gen or a new one? i only know how on a pre gen, here is how i do em.

so first of WHERE YOUR GEAR! now that thats out of the way here is what i did, get yourself in a nice flat abandoned parking lot. make sure you have a strait away that has like a 10 parking space wide area. first you want to get into 1rst and take your rpms up to about 8k and keep it there at that time you will kinda squat on your pegs with your but about an inch or two off the seat and pop the clutch (let go of the clutch handle fast,) this will let you do a baby wheelie, something like 1-3 inches of the ground. doing this will help get you comfortable to the lunge that happens when you pop the clutch.

after you have gotten this down the next thing to do is go higher on the rpms, i found that 11k will get you a good 2-3 feet off the ground once you get the hang of it. remember that no matter how high your rpms are you will not do a wheelie if you ease off the clutch, you gotta let is snap out. remember that when you go into the wheelie you will be kinda standing up never try it while just sitting because it will make the bike lean to one side or the other making you crash.

remember if you have to do this be as safe as you can with it, read up on what do do when things go wrong cuz they probably will. if you get to high ease off the throttle a little if you start to lean to a side ease off the throttle while leaning foward in the opposite direction.

i am no pro, i have done maybe 20 real wheelies and all of them where from a stand still, moving wheelies scare the troll dolls outta me.

hope it helped