View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2020, 12:54 PM   #25
vour
ninjette.org member

Name: Vour

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Yes, any airflow changes to system will no longer match what’s programmed into ECU. While fuel-map is overly rich and MAP-sensor can be used for slight adjustments, the extra 22-25% more flow than stock will be beyond system’s ability to adjust. You will definitely need PC and lots of dyno-tuning to obtain all extra power possible.

Yes, pod-filters do not filter as cleanly as OEM filter. This has been proven multiple times with studies from fleet operators (trucks and cabs), that switched to K&N filtere as cheaper alternative to OEM filters. Used-oil-analysis shows more silicon (dirt) in oil and higher levels of engine metals.

I use K&N filters on my Porsche race car. While there is a small dyno-measured power-gain (~6hp on 400bhp engine) there is also increased wear and I have to replace rings every 2-3yrs and do complete rebuild every 5-6 yrs due to worn cylinders.
What about only remapping the stock ECU?Also a lot of exhausts brands they say that you don't need any tuning and they are ready to go,I read that you only to reset the battery when putting the new exhaust
vour is offline   Reply With Quote