View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2022, 06:58 PM   #13
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iano17 View Post
i notice that one of the butterfly thing was open a little and the other one was closed all the way. so all i did was match the close one with the other open carb. if that makes any sense. should i just buy a new carb? cause i been trying to make it since november. and im not making any progress. i rode it today but only to move it to the shed. my cover for the air filter was off and it run fine. making me think that it's not getting air. but if it gets too much air it's gonna run too lean.
One way to do rough sync before putting all back together is to slide feeler gauge into gap between butterfly and side of carb-throat. Then adjust other side to same thickness.

Sure you can buy new carb. But only from authorised Kawasaki dealer to make sure it's unused. Buying from any other source will pretty much guarantee that you'll get used dirty carb in same or worse condition than yours.

Do search on here for "clean carbs ducatiman" for previous people who've had carb issues. What you'll want to do is disassemble down to every last nut & bolt and individual component. Then scrub everything thoroughly with PEA-based fuel-system cleaner (spray 'carb cleaners' no longer work due to removal of chlorinated compounds). Includes scrubbing hidden secret passages in carb-body. http://n4mwd.blogspot.com/2013/10/se...-passages.html

Then ultrasonic soak everything for days. Micro soda-blast. Re-assemble and replace all rubbers: float-valves, pilot O-rings, float-bowl seals. Set float-levels, do wet-test. Sync with manometer. THEN, bike might run like new off showroom floor once you've gotten carbs back to factory-fresh clean.

Due to dried petrol turning to plastic, no solvent's gonna ever dissolve it again. Anywhere there's tiny bleed-hole, you'll want to poke out with some matching diameter soft copper wire. It'll push out plastic plugs like little grains of sand. Also poke out bleed holes in carb-venturi as well.

Many expert mechanics have had to yank their carbs 4-5x for ever deeper cleaning before they finally got it factory-fresh clean. Some people actually had to do it 12x before they finally got it. You can skip all that and do completely disassembly and restoration job next. If it can be further disassembled and cleaned, it should be done.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote