Old January 25th, 2011, 02:26 AM   #99
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2011 Zero S, 2009 KLR 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colezombie View Post
your bike looks great man,
Im thinking of doing some safety wire on a few bolts on my bike, the bolt for my exhaust mount recently rattled loose and dissapeared...

..also would doing the gsxr rear shock on my street bike be a good idea? id love to take it to the track one day but for now its how i get to school and work..
Thanks! Yeah the GSXR shock would be just fine, I've found it to be no worse on the street than the stock one.

So another few more photos & progression here. Installed the temporary exhaust (jardine gp-1), my Racetech forks (0.7 kg/mm springs with gold emulators and 15w oil), the BRT TIS non-programmable, and removed pretty much everything that didn't need to stay on the bike.

The garage before:

The garage during (extra ass-crack plz):

Exhaust installed:

Turns out spacing the rear dogbones apart to fit the gsxr rear shock interferes with this exhaust pipe, so we had to use some spacers and flip around the lower shock mount bolt to get more clearance.

Goodbye thermostat:

Hello giant mess:

Top secret calculations

Only did a very short road test but I'm definitely happy so far! The exhaust is SUPER loud but sounds good. Riding this thing on the street would be a recipe for angry neighbors. The front forks feel totally different. Gone is the squishy front end that is great for potholes, enter a tight and planted front end that just feels great. Track update will be needed for this one, but I have high hopes. TIS makes the bike idle higher (advanced timing) so I'll need to turn that down a tad, and I'll need to mess with the jetting some to get it right. More dyno time coming soon.

Last things on the list: Race bodywork, AMB transponder, brake pads, and supercorsa sc1 front tire, then finish safety wiring everything. So close to finish, and first race of the season is March 13! Coming right up!
Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote