View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2017, 07:23 AM   #15
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Same here, I've found that USPS tracking can vary, depending on how well the counter workers and others down the line do their jobs. It used to be that the counter worker didn't scan Priority Mail labels upon receipt, and if they didn't get scanned later, tracking would show they were never taken to the Post Office. I had a customer in Canada write me an angry email, calling me a liar for saying I shipped a CDI unit when I hadn't. He apologized later when the package showed up.

Interesting note: Don't use Express Mail for overseas packages, thinking it will be faster. Sometimes it is, but more often the items are held in customs a long time, and the customer that paid extra for faster service gets screwed, because once the package gets to the customs office in the destination country, the USPS considers it delivered, and your "guaranteed delivery" time is met. I don't know why the Express packages get held in customs longer, maybe it has something to do with crime or terrorism, and they get opened and examined.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote