CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvninja View Post
As for a HID kit .. I'd go with these

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ap...Raptor-HID-Kit

I have them in my bike and they are awesome. I run the 35w 4500k so it looks white and 55w do run a bit hot. Thats why I only went with 35w ones. Quiet a few run the 55w on their bikes and say they have no problems. Some also suggest putting in a switch so they don't draw power while trying to start the bike. Eh I didn't and my bike starts fine.

This thread on a honda cbr site is why i went with the kit so you can see a little compairison between types.
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=133338
I went with the mod-express kit. I've got mod-express HID's in my car for 2 years without any problems and I wanted a slim kit. I was about to purchase from DDM until they decided to pull products from their website, namely the slim kit. Their reasoning was because they're moving facilities, but I suspect they're having a manufacturing problem because the slim kits have been backordered for a long time.

As for a switch, I'll be installing a relay. Maybe that's what you meant? I already have a 40a relay that I pulled from my car. I used to have my car's fuel pump hotwired. haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post
Wow. This is starting to look crazy hardcore DIY intensive. Cant wait to see the finished product. After you're done, I wonder if the use of hindsight can simplify and compact the process.
There really isn't a quick way to do this. Now, don't get me wrong. It is possible to retrofit the headlights in a day, but it would be a LONG day. It took me about an hour to take apart the headlight because of the silicone. The real labor is when you go to cut the holes and such into a new mounting board and making sure everything is lined up.

They're finally shipping my kit today so I'm hoping to get it in this weekend and will be able to install it next weekend.
CThunder-blue is offline   Reply With Quote