View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:29 PM   #93
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Not even sure I want to be a part of this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Wait... WHAT?! What kind of support is this?! Forget it. If you can't take care of your customers who TRIED THEIR DAMNEDEST to make it work for your sake, you deserve no more business no matter how much you revise the product.
Ecotron's support has been great and I cant speak for any of the personal correspondences that n4mwd has had with Matt via email or PM but just from what is noted on the forums, n4mwd has only been "kinda" helpful in the advancement on design modifications. In proportion there are many complaints than constructive criticisms and most of the modifications are obviously destructive to the core of the throttlebody. Grinding off the pulley wheel, gluing a bracket for his custom fuel rail are all changes that any other company would laugh at the customer expecting a replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
I trust you are joking. Since there is NO WAY to make the old TB work without modifying it.
I believe a few members have gotten it working. You just didnt want to use it the way it came to your house and wanted to modify it. If you didnt like the way it was setup, you should have returned it right away. Any other company would void the warranty after you start cutting it up. Ask kawasaki if they'll send you a new frame if you cut off a piece and weld on something of your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
He had better be. Taking all of your trial and error to improve the product and not even taking care of you? That's how you alienate customers and turn the public against you and is no way to run a business.
@CZroe despite what I've said about n4mwd's situation, I agree with you. I think Ecotrons has all the right to as a business to say no to sending him a new part after all the permanent modifications he has made to it BUT it would DEFINITELY go a long way to bringing a positive note in terms of customer service and image of the company.

Okay, I'm done playing devil's advocate. I understand @n4mwd's position but I also understand why ecotrons as a business said what they did. Hopefully some kind of resolution can be had that doesn't put either party in a difficult position.