View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:43 PM   #115
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post
I would hardly take credit for the fuel rail design and the pulley design. It's not that innovative.
Some designs are unique. For example, no manufacturer would CNC machine a fuel rail. Its just not a good way to do it on a motorcycle. I did it that way because it was the only way I could. But a manufacturer would make an injection mold and make them out of plastic since it costs the same to CNC machine one aluminum injection mold as it does one fuel rail.

Another thing about the fuel rail that was copied from me is the fact that its a pass through rail rather than a dead end rail. Most motorcycles I know anything about use a dead end fuel rail. Even the OEM Ninja uses that.

The washer pulley and bracket, ehh, fair enough, but guess who in the group suggested putting a nut on the pulley so it could be changed? It looks like he may have even corrected the diameter.

Quote:
Just wait till we get some test runs with them. Who knows, maybe you'll still hate it and still want the OEM throttlebody anyways. In this case, it would be totally moot.
Ha, Ha. Yeah, well I wasn't going to say anything about that. But I will say that now that Matt has posted pictures of the new throttle body that he wont send me, I am much, much less upset about it. After all, I already have the original.

Quote:
Back on topic: I wonder if I should try using unifilters instead of the KN-0990 pod filters. Those KN ones are super heavy with all that rubber. I'm afraid it'll put stress on the body and boots. If it bends enough, it might even make the injection out of alignment.
So do the same pods that fit the newgen carbed model also fit the pregen carbed model?