View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #134
jgo564
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jimmy

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R

Just wanted to give credit to the OP. This is my first post on this forum so as a quick intro, live in the DFW area and decided to pick up riding about 3 months ago as a new hobby, but more to save on $$ on fuel costs and went and purchased a new 2012 Ninja 250r and shorty took the MSF course and the rest is history.

My first mod was to change the exhaust as to stand out more and be heard... Didn't really do it for a performance increase. Like most, the exhaust began popping and backfiring and did start get on the annoying side. I decided to take the plunge and give this mod a shot, take in mind that my mechanical skills is very novice, but the instructions seemed pretty straight forward. Only thing that took me for surprise was that I didn't think I was going to have to remove the gas tank. Probably a good thing though or I may have decided not to attempt it, but after having taking everything apart, decided to keep modding.

The result ended with the popping/backfiring was greatly reduced, but not completely eliminated. I only tested it out for a short ride, but I'll see how well it worked on my ride to work tomorrow morning.

Thanks, kkim, for the write up!
jgo564 is offline   Reply With Quote