View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:24 AM   #68
lgk
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfkrocks View Post
Ok so I got the police report and it was according to the cop that because of how far the other car was in the intersection and his belief that the green arrow couldn't have been on, that I was at fault. He seems to think that I had just an ordinary green light for straight ahead. However, I definitely saw the light turn yellow, as is also noted on the report and I just realized something important regarding that. If I had a regular green light, then so would the other guy. Then there would be no reason at all for lights on my side to be turning yellow, whether it be a turn arrow or regular arrow, correct? All the lights on my side turned yellow. Only reason for that would be because the other guy started approaching the intersection on a red light.

I think I might go plant myself at that intersection some time when it's quiet just to watch the lights and document it. Hell, I was expecting to make my u-turn and then having to wait at the light for a left turn arrow, but there it was just sitting there. I grew up in the land of left turn lanes/lights so there's no way I was mistaken.

So now I have another question for all of you: would it be worthwhile to try to go to the police department and argue my case to have the report changed, or just go straight to a lawyer?
go straight to a lawyer.
you won't get very far with the cops.