View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2013, 12:30 AM   #78
tfkrocks
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Get a lawyer and fast. Make no statement to that insurance company till you do. With them siding with him they may come after you for his damages as well. Find out if they made a claim against your liability policy. I would call it a win if you both just fix your own stuff and call it even. If you decide not to fix it at least you have a part out option to make some money back. I do hope since you only had liability on the bike you are not making payments.
I consulted a lawyer and he said I really don't have much to work off of since there weren't any proper witnesses and there's an adverse police report. Insurance company is already ready to pay for the other guy's stuff, but I don't know if the guy has made a claim with his insurance yet. I'll be talking to the lawyer again, but right now it's looking like my only way out of this is finding a way to prove my position to the police officer and having him change the report...

Went back to the intersection tonight with friends. Had a friend loop around through the intersection while my other friend and I watched and filmed until we caught the light pattern I saw before. That light does stay green a relatively long time compared to most lights, even when there's cars coming from other directions. It's also just a really weird light in general.

I bought the bike outright in cash. I did get comprehensive, but not collision because I was more worried about someone stealing my bike than getting in an accident. I figured I got the crashing all out of my system back when I got my first bike and ended up in the ICU
tfkrocks is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.