View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2014, 01:16 PM   #145
wthammond
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Todd

Motorcycle(s): 1998 Ninja 250R; 2001 Aprila Scarabeo 50; 2009 Aprilia Mana

Smile Reinstalling CA emissions

Trawling up an old thread here. I recently bought a 1998 250 with 1100 miles that a title search showed had never been anywhere but TX (where I live), yet it had a CA tank but no CA emission equipment. Possible that the tank was a replacement but can't be sure. Plus the L side panel had the CA emissions hose diagram that suggests it was a CA spec bike.

I originally capped off the red line as suggested by many others on the forum, but didn't like the idea of that becoming a source of leakage. So I got on eBay and found a complete set of emissions for $33, went to the local auto parts store and constructed a 'T' line between the carbs and plugged it all up per the routing diagram. The Haynes manual suggests testing it by putting 20 mL fuel in the top of the separator and seeing if it makes it to the blue return. Everything seems to be working so far, so I have not done it.

Has anyone done something similar? If so were there any problems? Or am I the only idiot who actually re-installed emission control equipment in pursuit of 'keeping it original'?

Thanks! And thanks to all for this great forum which helped me figure this out in the first place!
wthammond is offline   Reply With Quote