View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2009, 06:54 PM   #1
wayanlam
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

Radiator Fan Problems

meh, so i just came back from the dealer and i thought we had fixed my little problem by just replacing the fuse, but i think i was wrong.

so what happened was that last week i must have driven over some newly laid asphalt/road, and somehow a little pebble shot up, and bounced off the engine block and landed in the fan!... (what are the chances of that happening -.-! )

anyhow, this stone ended up jamming the fan when i was stuck in some traffic and the water temp was raising... to the point that the temp gauge light turned on. i parked the bike and had a look (at the time i dint know what the problem was) and i could hear the fan trying to spin, but it was totally stuck.

the next day i was messing about trying to figure out what the problem was and finally got the stone out with a piece of paper that i slid between the fan and radiator... talk about high tech equipment, lol

anyhow, i thought that would have fixed it, so i went out again, but nope... fan still didnt run, and i got stuck in traffic again, and the radiator light turned on again -.-!

soo.... i went to the dealer this morning and they opened up the fuse box and we found the fan fuse was bust, changed it out and i went to work, hoping that would be all.

i got to work, and parked the bike, but left the engine running, and usually after a short time the fan kicks in, but as i was looking, i saw the fan turn on for only a second or two, then die again im guessing the fuse might have blown again, but that means that there must be some kind of problem with the radiator fan...

anyone have problems of this sort? he he...
wayanlam is offline   Reply With Quote