View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2014, 01:07 AM   #16
Swann
ninjette.org member

Name: Jake

Motorcycle(s): 250R

Did you replace the oem valve springs with an after market model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentIm View Post
get this.

BRT Imax super pro CDI
http://bintangracingteam.com/product...5#anchor_theme

It comes with 50 preset maps (1 factory map, 11 advanced curve from factory maps, 1 braking map, and the rest racing maps grouped into 3 categories), programmable limiter, programming controller for custom map, and map switching on the fly using 'commander' remote (small controller installed on the handlebar). Optionally it can be set up with braking map that smooth engine braking. I still use it for 1,5 year and it's still reliable, as long as the 'commander' is kept dry from rain (just wrap it with sticky tape).

The factory valve spring is good up to 14K RPM (1K more from factory) without floating. But not so much with the valves, I got my intake valves replaced because their edge wear out too much and causing compression lost. 13,5 - 13,7 K redline is safer for the intake valves.

Most oversized-bore ninjettes here use oil cooler radiator, installed just in front of exhaust header. That way it helps the oil to get up to temperature, but helps cool the whole engine at speed.

Also set up the carb a bit richer helps to cool the mixture and prevent preignition.
Swann is offline   Reply With Quote