Old September 29th, 2014, 02:49 PM   #180
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti View Post
Anyone else have any stories about utilizing a skill (learned from a previous crash) to prevent another one

Cheers,
Misti
Hey Misti!
Yep, I've got a few of those! I always pick my crashed apart, knowing it's my fault first before blaming the bike in anyway. I think humbling ourselves rather than immediately blaming the bike or the track or another rider is the best way to learn.
My first track crash was at Little Talledega. I looked TOO far too early through a decreasing radius corner and missed a turning point. I ended up wide and on the gator strips at too high of a speed for my lean angle, and the suspension bottomed out. That one hurt a bit. Since then I was always more careful to get my bike pointed in the direction it needed to be before shifting my gaze to the next turning point.

At Road Atlanta I learned, even if there's a wall coming at you really fast while you're in the grass running off the track, even the smallest amount of front brake at high speed isn't a smart move. I remembered that the next time I rolled off track (hey, that was at Jennings with Alex and Chris!), and I made it unscathed, keeping the rubber side down.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote