View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2017, 06:58 PM   #23
KikRox
ninjette.org member

Name: Nein

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
I think Mr @KikRox may be on the same page as you @adouglas. I just think he is describing things a little bit loosely. I could be wrong but he seems to be describing his riding as fun and safe (his level of risk) enough for him with no wheelies or speeding in town. We all have occasional moments where the needle on the speedo goes past where it should or we lean too far on a public road, who can make the call for how much is too much? Some chose to do their high speed full lean on the track only and some do it on the street only. All we can do is encourage safe (for conditions) riding and urge people to "go Psycho" on the track and hope they are just talking in a way that indicates less safety margin than there actually is. We all know that the truly insane street riders time will run out eventually!
Haha bingo. Yeah my version of "psychotic" is no where near track riding haha. No no maybe double the limit in twisties I have memorized but never unnecessary risk. I ride hard I push the bike a bit but never to the brink of disaster that's careless. Even if racing I will let a person pass me if I can't safely go faster. Taking a loss isn't as bad walking away on two feet than it would be blowing in a straw.