View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2009, 09:10 AM   #24
ShishkaBOMB
ninjette.org member

Name: Shish

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

I was searching for threads about "throttle lag" and found this one which i think might describe my situation.

My bike only has about 230mi and this just started to happen recently for some reason.

I noticed when i first took it out for a ride, pulling out from a stop and in first gear i would put the clutch into the usual friction zone while revving up to about 2000rpm. What was odd was that it didn't rev! I had to open the throttle a little bit more but by then it would just jump up out of nowhere.

I now have the bike on stands and the fairings off and am trying to fix this problem. I thought maybe it was throttle adjustments, but it seems fine. Bike is a CA model, 08, 230mi, idles at 1300.

When i start the bike it usually hesitates a bit, in cali warm weather. It will then idle after a bit of working but sounds like it's struggling. So i would put on the choke for a few seconds then turn it back off and get on my way. I try to start it up without the choke but it would be easier if it were on.

Anywho, when i slowly rev the bike it it seems fine. But if i were to open the throttle a little quicker it would lag, count 2 seconds, then it would jump up high. Sometimes it would stall.

Does shimming sound like what i need? Or could it be something else?

Thanks!
ShishkaBOMB is offline   Reply With Quote