View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:21 PM   #1
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Crf 150R, 2011 Hypermotard 796

Giving up the slow bike for a slow car

I bought a 2000 miata for my birthday. It's kinda weird getting so excited about a 4 wheeled vehicle. I'm really looking forward to developing it. I already have parts on order and Im constantly researching for what I want to do next.

A friend and I took it out last night to shake it down/beat on it. The shocks are blown, its lowered waay too much. The rear tires are going to be needing replacement and the stereo deck is sorta working. O yea, the front sway bar isn't connected because the connecting rod is snapped in half. It's a bit difficult to drive hard because it has a lot of body roll and it bounces around on everything but the smoothest of pavement. It over steers like a mofo too.

It's been raining in these parts for the past week so its still wet. I was driving on 9 last night and I lifted slightly and the rear started coming around really fast. I let the steering get ahead of me and did huge slide at the top of 3rd.

I'm loving how easy this car is to drive. Just like the 250 its super slow, but the steering is very direct and it has high cornering limits even with street tires. Such a raw little car, no traction control, no abs, just a simple design.

Its going to be a daily driver that will be seeing the track soon. But I'm going to sacrifice performance for street ability.

Last futzed with by CycleCam303; February 12th, 2014 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Prematurely posting lol
CycleCam303 is offline   Reply With Quote