View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2014, 10:59 PM   #14
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Nice choice on the miata. Tons of aftermarket parts available and they are the number one autox car.

I too have a CRX. That damn thing is FULLY built. And I mean fully built. It's a racecar. I don't even drive it because it's hard to control and a very harsh ride.

Supercharged, water/meth injection, swapped, boosted, dropped, tucked, bagged, shaved, it's freakin BUILT.

Never liked the autox scene because it's about 400/day in tires on our "track."

Let me know if you want advice on parts. I didn't cheap out on mine and severely regret blowing all those dollars on parts I don't use/drive much.

Quaife's are solid, Mfactory is a little cheaper but decent. I like the lockup on the quaife, it bites harder than the mfactory units and is a little more raw feeling. The short wheelbase on the CRX and snap-torque-steer really rotates the chassis through turns. By rotates I mean SNAP and if you're not quick on the wheel you're going to find yourself in trouble very quickly.

We don't have a dyno so I'll never know, but similar setups to mine have made ~300whp. And the car sits at 1970lb WITH driver and a full tank of gas.

Fcking deathtrap if you ask me. I got pulled over doing 140+ and somehow talked my way out of it.. been a little scared to drive the car since then because honestly I would've lost my license for atleast a year, 100+ hours of community service, 30 days in jail minimum.... Thank god I was able to be quick in explaining.. fire extinguisher in the car, laptop on the seat datalogging, drag races that evening, solid story made up, and a pity party with the sergeant who knew of... uhhh... me.

PM me if you need advice, I'm not super familiar with the miata platform, but I was modding imports long before I bought the 250r. I'm on my seventh CRX now, and as for other hondas... I've owned them..... all. Literally. Except for the preludes. Never like those H22s, I was more partial to the F22s.

Right now I'm working on an AP1 s2k on the side, but that thing is a DOG and it accelerates like a school bus.
corksil is offline   Reply With Quote