View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2023, 04:58 PM   #26
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Sorry Jac I am having computer problems and am having a heck of a time posting pictures that this computer for some reason decided to not reconise as a picture but only a print file.... it seems windows 11 is helping and it no longer reconizes .png as a picture because it changed it's assoiation and you cannot change it back !
in your post #24 the tig torch has a gas line but that is all.... the torch I had was like that but with a little 2 wire switch wire and connector to screw into the foot peddle of the TIG welder....... but that is all..... no heavy #4 lead to plug into the positive post of the welder or switch polarity with.... there is no way it can work like that ! because the torch is not connected to the power of the welder !
maybe they expect you to add that power cable, but I do not see how you can as there is no way to connect it to the gun/torch to get the power to the torch for the ARC to be there.
....I could see how they could use the braided outside cable of a brake line to get the power to the torch but you still have to plug it in with a quick connect plug that you can swap for polarity changing..... there was no plug to swap polarity on the torch at all !
and the gas hose was not braided...I checked..... so they simply screwed up !
but how can 10 manufacturers make the same stupid mistake ? I would say 99% of the ones I looked at had the same torch.....with no power connector !
Bob....