View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2013, 08:38 AM   #12
SMman
ninjette.org guru

Name: Danger

Motorcycle(s): 15 CBR300R, 14 BWS50, 09 FZ1, 09 Ninja 250, 06 CRF450R Motard, 03 ZX-6R

My biggest complaint with the 250 for long days in the saddle is the lack of legroom. I wish the seat to peg distance was larger and the bike was taller. I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam for comparison. The stock seat isn't great so I bought a Corbin. I haven't used it on a long ride yet but can immediately tell that it is a huge improvement. My only concern is that it sits lower that the stock seat and has robbed me of legroom.

My bike also has a Zero Gravity double bubble windscreen that adds more wind protection. You can get bigger touring screens if you want even more.

I went with Woodcraft clip-ons and find it transformed the bike in the twisties. I have no issues with them on the highway but others might prefer stock or even risers for long trips.

You can do long distance on any bike. People are shocked to hear about the kinds of trips I've done on my Suzuki DR-Z400SM. The 250 has double the fuel range and better wind protection so I enjoyed it on the long trips I did this past summer. A lot certainly does have to do with your physical condition. Get yourself a comfortable helmet and earplugs which help reduce fatigue and save your hearing. Buy and wear quality gear, head to toe, and ride safely